- Illinois, 1957
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D
- Northwestern University, B.S
- Stanford University, 2 years
Associations and memberships
- Chicago Bar Association: Defense of Prisoners Committee; Chair, 1993 -1994; Criminal Law Committee
- Illinois State Bar Association (Member. Sections on: Criminal Justice; Civil Practice and Procedure) and American (Member, Criminal Law Practice Section)
- Astor Terrace Condominium Association (Member, Board of Directors; Former Long-Term President)
- University Club of Chicago
- Assistant State’s Attorney of Cook County, Illinois (Criminal Division) 4 years, assigned to misdemeanor and felony courtrooms
- City Prosecutor of Evanston, Illinois. 1 Year
- Associate and Partner, Mayer Brown & Platt (now Mayer, Brown LLP), Chicago, Illinois, 1962 – 1990
- Sole Practitioner, 1990 to present
- 2017: Endorsed as leader in the legal industry through receipt of Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement
Award from Marquis Who’s Who
- Listed in: Who’s Who in America; Who’s Who in American Law; The American Bar, 2007 – 2008 (www.americanbar.com). 2008 Ed.
- Awarded the highest rating (AV) from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Author: “The Sixth Amendment Right to Counsel; Does Miranda Suffice?,” Vol. 2, CBA Record, p. 13, 1988; “Vocational Rehabilitation Needs Legislation Rehabilitation,” Vol. 1, CBA Record, p. 28,1987;
- Profiled, Illinois Police and Sheriffs News, Fall 1995 ed., p. 4.
- FIDUCIARY BREACH
Chancery trial (3 1/2 weeks) involving off-track betting location; Favorable result affirmed on appeal.
- DEFENSE OF BANK IN CREDIT CARD CONSPIRACY CASE – FEDERAL COURT
Following eight years of discovery, our legal team successfully obtained summary judgment, which was sustained by the 7th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Sheet Metal Antitrust
Successfully defended state action for price-fixing penalties brought against sheet metal companies in Chicago area, obtaining outright dismissal.
- First Summerdale Conviction
Successfully prosecuted two Summerdale detectives for conspiring with Richard Morrison to defeat burglary prosecution. This was the first case brought to trial in the Summerdale police scandal.
- Operation Greylord Represented indicted government witness in Operation Greylord involving judicial corruption.
Client received probation.
- Reduction of Felony Gun Charge Represented Iraq veteran charged with possessing loaded gun in his vehicle.
Convinced prosecutor to reduce charge to misdemeanor UUW for probation.
- Vacating Old Warrant and Conviction
Successfully moved to vacate arrest warrant and seven-year-old convictions for aggravated battery and resisting arrest, accomplished for a non-Illinois resident.
- Murder case
Indiana Represented defendant in post-conviction proceeding in Lake County, Indiana involving presentation of numerous witnesses and documents. Although trial court declined to vacate 50-year prison sentence for murder, case remains alive in federal habeas corpus.
- Minimized Damage in Construction Case
Represented construction firm and its president in federal court, achieving settlement for small portion of amount claimed.
- EVIDENCE SUPPRESSED IN DRUG CASE
Following granting of 2015 motion to suppress, State dismissed Class X and felony UUW counts. Client granted probation on remaining count.
- POLICE HIGH-SPEED CHASE
Client found not guilty of felony charge in 2014, following bench trial in Bridgeview Court.
- FELONY CHARGE REDUCED
Felony criminal damage to State property (police car) reduced in 2015 to misdemeanor for time served.